Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to have a license to purchase from you?
No, a license is not required to make a purchase from MW Armor. However, for certain items due to their nature, you must be 18 years of age or older to complete your purchase.
Please be mindful of provincial laws when placing your order. Ballistic Armor is an exception. Refer to "Can I Buy a Bulletproof Vest" in the FAQ for more information.
2. Are civilians allowed to carry batons? In Ontario, individuals aged 18 and above can carry a baton ONLY under the following conditions:
- It is not concealed.
- It is intended solely for protection against animals. Carrying a baton for self-defense or protection against other individuals is strictly prohibited and ILLEGAL in Ontario. Our sales associates will not sell this item for use against humans. The only exception is for individuals using it for law enforcement purposes with valid identification and licensing.
3. Can I purchase a bulletproof vest? Body Armor is legal for purchase in all provinces except AB, BC, MB, and NS. Across Canada, anyone with a valid Firearms License (Firearms Act Canada) can purchase a bulletproof vest. In AB and BC, a valid Firearms License or Law Enforcement License (such as a Security License) is required to purchase a bulletproof vest. Please review NS and MB laws before purchasing, as regulations may vary. For information on Body Armor Legality in Canada, please refer to these helpful links:
4. What is the difference between a Bulletproof Vest and Stab Proof Vest?
A bulletproof vest is designed to resist penetration from bullets or ammunition. Different levels of body armor offer varying levels of protection against different types of bullets. It's important to note that a bulletproof vest does not inherently offer protection against stabs.
While our ballistic vests have demonstrated some resistance to knife attacks, they are not designed or rated for knife protection. A stabproof vest is specifically designed to defend against knife attacks and blunt force trauma. It prevents knives from puncturing or slashing through the vest and also shields against impact from various objects. It's crucial to understand that the term "proof" does not indicate 100% protection. All armor is created to be resistant to threats.
If you have any further questions or require additional clarification, please don't hesitate to contact us. Your safety is our priority.